Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Star Trek Tonight!

Tonight, after work I will be heading out to see Star Trek and I am super excited.

Naturally I am a little apprehensive, but being a huge fan of pretty much all things Trek I am sure I will love the flick.

In preparation for the movie I have been checking out the website for the upcoming Star Trek MMO. For you non gaming types an MMORPG is short for a Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game.

Remember all of those Dungeons and Dragon Geeks back in the 7th grade? Well, we are all online now and not everyone lives in Mom's basement.

Anyhoo, I have been tootling around checking things out and I think it has potential. Especially given the fan base that already exists. In all reality if Cryptic puts the effort into this game that Blizz and Eve Online has it would be hard to miss.

Why am I interested? Dude, a world without Star Trek is just unnatural!
Will it kill WoW? I tend to doubt it.
Will it take me out of World of Warcraft? It is entirely possible....

No comments: