Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not Quite Ready

I am a failed GM.

Yep its true, there was a guild and I was the lead dog. We had a good 5 months of fun, followed by a month that was not so fun and then a dramatic finish that ended up with the guild disbanding.

What's done is done.

I'll try to remember the five, and let go of the sixth.

I have often wondered when it will be time to bury the hatchet and mend some relationships. All the individuals involved are all good friendly people, but emotions did run quite high at the end. You know you are going to run into folks. The world is big, but it isn't that big.

Today while hitting the Aldor bank in Shattrath I had my pet Malcolm stay outside just to the left of the entrance. I kind of like to do that just to show a little class, and that I don't just let my pets run willy nilly.

As I exited the bank one of the founding members of the old guild, one that had asked me to be the GM, and one that gave me some of the lowest marks of approval in the guild forums was standing there looking at my pet. XPerl's Target's Target frame showed it clearly.

I'd like to report to the greater community that I was big enough to say hello, and that apologies were made all around with friendships being mended.

Unfortunately my initial thought was "Get the h3ll away from my pet!".
I ran on by and as I passed clicked for my pet to follow.

I guess I'm not quite ready.
/good grief

1 comment:

Shane Sebastian said...

I rolled an ally toon on your server so maybe you'd play with me and take me under your wing.
I am but a lowly hunter of 10 with my first pet, a Nightsaber named Spanky.

When can we shake and bake ???

xo,
Chaaron