Monday, July 28, 2008

Ding! Level 63

Holy Toledo, Outland is flying by like a whirlwind.

Finegas is now level 63 and here is an update on his adventures since stepping through the portal.

Questing:
The Hellfire Peninsula quests are complete, and I have started on the Cenerian Expidition quests in Zangarmarsh. The highlight of these quests for me was being able to solo the quest Colossal Menace, a level 63 2 person quest, and earn my Idol of the Wild at level 62.

Other fun moments included running both Hellfire Ramparts and The Blood Furnace as kitty DPS.
That was a lot of fun, and after all the trapping, pet management, and mana issues I've had with Viktel it was a really nice experience. I was able to get behind my target and just keep hitting them with bleeding shots staying just under my tanks aggro. Piece-O-Cake!

I even had a moment where the healer and tank went down and I managed to combat rez the healer and shift into bear form as a tank for a while before we wiped. No drops for Feral Druids on these runs but the quest rewards I got were nice. I ended up with Surestep Boots, the Perfectly Balanced Cape (nice graphic), and Regal Protectorate in addition to a Jerkin of the Untamed Spirit.

Professions:
Herbalism is maxed, and thanks to an add-on called Cartographer the herb nodes I have collected from are noted on both my world map and my mini map.

I chose Alchemy for my cash making trade-skill, and have been socking away all the herbs I have been finding while questing. I spent about an hour filling in a few gaps in the list for my grind, and then spent an afternoon in Undercity working up my levels.

In the end I have gained level 342 in my Alchemy skill, and will soon be able to make all the pots and elixirs I need for raiding.

I was planning on waiting until level 70 to drop Skinning and grind Alchemy up, however after a little research I discovered that the big money making recipes will be available to me at level 63. I'll need to grind up a little reputation with the Cenarian Expedition and Sporregar, but that will be easy enough with quests. I'll be specializing in Transmutation for cash.

Other:
My profits from selling all the potions created during my Alchemy training allowed me to purchase my epic ground mount and training. I have already purchased my tanking staff Braxxis' Staff of Slumber, and a solid pre-kara necklace Necklace of the Deep .

And I got both at significant discounts! I am also gathering Marks of Thrallmar, the outdoor pvp reward, in hopes of purchasing some of the items available for doing the daily Hellfire pvp quests.

Whew! Thats a lot for three levels.

No comments: